On the morning of the 7th my MIL showed up to watch the kids and we headed to the hospital.
The for real final prego pic...
38 weeks, 5 days
Walking into the hospital Sean noticed the number on the building. Baby born August 7th in building #7!
I was the first appointment of the day so I got right in with my doc. I almost started crying when she walked in the room. She gave me a hug and I said, "Yay, I made it til you got home!"
She checked me. I was 6 and 80%. Her exact words were, "Ya you are not going home girl. Let's get you downstairs and meet this little baby!"
I was thrilled.
We talked about what to expect. She told me that she wasn't going to do a thing until I had been on antibiotics for at least 2 hours for the GBS, then she would break my water. She advised me that if I wanted an epidural to get it before she broke my water, or I may not be able to get one because she predicted that once she broke my water it would go really fast. I was surprised. I said, "Can I really get the epidural before I start feeling hard contractions?" She told me that they call this a "Princess Cruise", when you just sail through labor with no pain and no complications. Sounded fabulous to me!
Before heading downstairs to L&D I stopped at the front desk to make my 6 week follow-up appointment. While I was there, the sweet staff pointed to the sign they had put up...
...and told me they had put it out for me!
Usually this sign is dreaded because it means a possible long wait to get into the doc, but this time it was for ME and I couldn't have been more happy.
0 comments:
Post a Comment