The last 2 Monday nights we have gone on a family bike ride and played board games for FHE. Last week, we let Ryker ride his bike to the lake (about 1 mile each way) for the first time. We fully expected to have to ditch his bike somewhere along the way and let him climb into the trailer when he got tired. He did amazing! He went the whole way to the lake and back without even having to stop to rest. We kept praising him by saying things like, "You are doing so awesome! Keep going, I can't believe how strong you are". Then he started praising himself, "I am SO AWESOME. I have so much energy! I am AMAZING!"
It was adorable.
This week we rode to SoDa Row to the local bakery and got a little treat...
The kiddos and I love to swing...
Then we headed home. The problem is Ryker's bike is WAY too small for him. His little legs pedal as fast as they possibly can go. It's definitely time for an upgrade ;-)
The kiddos love the trailer. When I take them around in it for my workout they tell me I go "so super fast like a rocket"!
Because Ryker's bike is so small and easy for him he has started doing little tricks on it.
"Look Ma, no hands!"
"No hands or feet! I'm so cool."
Another cute thing:
Last week on the ride we were teaching him basic bike/road safety. In one area of the ride we have to ride in an alleyway and then on the road for a minute before we get to the sidewalk again. This week he rode in the safe spot without even being prompted. This is what he told me...
"Mom, I'm a kid and I don't want to get hit by a car so I ride on the safe side of the road. I love you and Daddy and Addy so much because you are all my family so we all have to be safe. I love our family."
I love our little family too!
1 comments:
Um... Did I already tell you that you have the cutest family ever?!!!! And Ryker is awesome! I love the things that he says!
Post a Comment