April 18, 2012

All About Baby

I'm pregnant!


I realized that with all my catching up, I had failed to do an official baby post. This one is all about baby!

We are expecting baby #3 to arrive mid-August. I'm now 23 weeks along. I feel like this one has been d..r..a..g..g..i..n..g on forever! Here's a rundown of this pregnancy thus far...

Usually we wait to tell people until after my first appointment with the OB and for as long as I can hide it. However, this one was a little different. We told my family at 5 weeks. We had just found out, my entire family was together for Christmas, and Sean really wanted to tell everyone in person at the couples' date night.

We bought candy for every couple that had various references to babies (Baby Ruth, Skor, Bottle Caps, etc.) and passed them around while we were at a restaurant waiting for our food. We told everyone we just thought it would be a fun conversation game. We asked everyone to share an experience/story that had to do with their candy. When everyone was done we asked what all the candy had in common. That's how we told them!

Sean's family was much more boring. We had my first appointment about 12 weeks. After a few days we realized we wouldn't all be together for several weeks and I was already showing a ton (totally lame in my opinion that you show earlier and earlier with each baby). So, Sean sent out a mass text to all of them with a picture of the ultrasound announcing the little peanut.

This pregnancy has been very different from my other 2. Usually I cruise through with the usual symptoms (nausea, low motivation, tiredness, etc.), but nothing too severe. This one has by far been the worst yet. Much sicker, migraines, depression, severe car sickness, unusual tiredness, faster weight gain despite the puking, constant nausea, yadda yadda. Fortunately, most of those symptoms died down around 17 weeks.

A few weeks ago we had my 20 week ultrasound. Baby looks healthy and active. No club feet as far as they can tell, and no other factors that looked concerning. We decided to NOT find out the gender of the baby! I don't particularly enjoy being pregnant (I might actually really despise it for all sorts of selfish reasons). I felt like just doing something different this time around to keep the suspense and excitement up. At first Sean wasn't on board, but then he crossed over and we're both totally committed to not find out until this little peanut pops out!

HOWEVER, I do have to admit that the experience of the ultrasound was a bit anti-climatic compared to the other 2. Of course it was wonderful to hear that the baby was healthy, but then I was like, "now what?". Usually afterwards I do a little shopping and immediately start thinking of names. On my way home to pick up the kids I decided last second to stop at a local baby boutique store and purchase a little gender neutral something for the babe. It just didn't seem right not to! Then I came up with a baby names list within a week. Sometimes, the suspense just kills me and other times I don't even think about it. No matter what it is, I'm grateful its healthy and all ours!

Adelyn doesn't understand what's coming, but Ryker is excited and refers to "when our baby gets here" quite often. He's actually already named it, and is quite adamant about it. If it's a boy he wants to name it Max, and a girl Clara. Don't ask me where he got those names or why he loves them so much but he is seriously set on them, especially Clara. Neither of which were even on our list. I tell him names that are on our list and he says "don't like it, maybe, don't like it, don't like it...".

In fact, one day I told him. "Honey, I think Clara is a cute name but Daddy doesn't love it and we both have to love it." His reply was, "Daddy just keeps messing with our girl names. We need to just tell him that I like it and you like it so let's just be done with it!"

Where that boy gets his attitude and stubbornness from is beyond me. Ok, no it's not. We are both stubborn, I can kick a pretty good attitude, and Sean argues everything just for the sake of arguing just like Ryker does. He is definitely our son.

So, that's all I can think of for baby #3 right now. I'll post a prego pic soon.

5 comments:

Tyrell Berner said...

YES!!! I've been thinking that you were pregnant for months but didn't want to say anything just in case you just had the insane munchies or something :) (NOT that you look big or anything because from what I can see, you look amazing, adorable, and cute.

p.s. it would drive me INSANE not knowing the gender... but I guess I might try it if I already have a boy and a girl...

Congratulations!

Katie said...

Yay for baby!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS!!!! And it just made me miss you THAAAAT much more! Love you!! :)

KRISTIE said...

YAY!!
Congrats!!!

Edee H. Proctor said...

What, I can't believe I just found out you are pregnant and you have only a few month left. Congratulations! I am so excited to see what you will be having!
By the way how was the NY trip? Happy Anniversary.