April 11, 2012

Ecuadorian Visitors

The last week in March we had some visitors from Ecuador! It's always fun to see this sweet family. Sean became good friends with the mom during his mission and since then we've leapfrogged across countries through the years to meet up. We've hosted them here a few times, they've hosted us in Ecuador, and we've also met up with the mom in Hawaii. This time was fun because it was the first time all of the kids were here(ages 23, 21, 19 and 10), and they all spoke English so I could actually talk to them!

We took 2 of the girls to watch my brother race at UVU...



My brother is amazing. He is training for the Olympic Trials in the Steeple Chase. I've never been able to see him race in the Steeple so this was really cool for me. Basically, this was just a training race to see where he stands in his training. His wife (who is equally amazing) was telling me that this was his first Steeple Chase race in about 8 years! He kicked everyone's trash :-)


I've always said I wish I looked as good in short shorts as he does
;-)


After the race we headed downtown to see the sights. We did the standard: Temple Square, Beehive House, City Creek, etc. It was fun to play tourist with them because its not something we do very often and the kiddos loved it.


Ryker asked if I could take some pictures of him and the temple. He walked around the grounds posing for me. It was hilarious.



It was such a beautiful day!


The next day we enjoyed Conference and then Flor Maria cooked us our *favorite* Ecuadorian meal. Rice, beans, patacones, and umitas.



It was amazing.
We are so blessed to have them in our lives!

0 comments: