Just 3 days after we finished our Stay-cation we had some very special visitors from Germany come stay with us for a week. Words just can't express how special to my heart these people are. She was an exchange student that lived with us my senior year, he is her sweet husband. We have leap-frogged back and forth across continents to each other through the years. My heart is filled with gratitude that she came into my life. Here's how the week went:
(And again, I hardly took any pictures! I truly don't know what I was thinking. I'm just sick about it!)
Wednesday: They got here late Wednesday night. We stayed up chatting and catching up. I was so happy they had made it safe!
Thursday: Salt Lake City stroll, The Gateway, BBQ and bike ride around the lake.
Friday: Swimming, packing for camping...
So, we spent the entire afternoon packing and getting ready to go camping in the Park City area. We were ready to leave as soon as Sean got home from work. We were all so excited! Then...not a single site was open in UT! Everywhere we called it was booked. So, we settled for the Kimball Arts Festival in Park City and dinner at the Blue Iguana.
Saturday: Boating, lunch and a parade at Granny's in Heber, then the alpine slide and the alpine coaster at the Park City Mountain Resort.
Sunday: Church for us, The Great Salt Lake for them. Afterwards we met up for lunch, a beautiful hike (Mary, Martha & Catherine), and dinner in the canyon (to make up for no camping!).
First time tasting a s'more!
Monday: We had a blast this day! My sis watched the kiddos so we could have a day filled with adventure and fun. We went mountain biking on the Little Cottonwood Creek Trail. It was awesome. Just minutes from the top one of their bikes got a flat. We sent them ahead while Sean and I fixed the flat. However, they didn't make it to the top either. A hiker stopped them and told them there was a rattlesnake up ahead! She's deathly afraid of snakes so they turned back. When they got back I asked if they were sad they didn't make it to the top. His reply, "I'd be more sad if I got bit by a rattlesnake!"
After a delicious lunch at Porcupine Pub & Grill we headed to Provo Canyon to kayak the Provo river. It was awesome!
After a quick shower and change we took them to the driving range (he had never hit a golf ball!) and then they went and watched Sean's softball game while I put the kiddos to bed.
Tuesday: Seven Peaks, a yummy dinner & staying up late to savor our last night together.
Wednesday: They left early in the morning. As always, I cried.
Next time I hope we'll be in their part of the world again! Love you guys!
Tuesday: Seven Peaks, a yummy dinner & staying up late to savor our last night together.
Wednesday: They left early in the morning. As always, I cried.
Next time I hope we'll be in their part of the world again! Love you guys!
0 comments:
Post a Comment