(Warning: This post is not for weak stomachs.)
We've had some excitement around here.
Adelyn decided to give us a little 10 month birthday surprise. We walked into her room on the morning of the 20th to a vile stench. She was COVERED in vomit and poop. Super duper EW! To make a long story short since then we have gone through at least 3-4 outfits a day, stripped her bedding at least twice a day, given her at least 2 baths a day, completely dismantled and disinfected the carseat (let's hope I can figure out how to put it together again), and changed around 10-20 diapers a day taking her nickname "Little Miss Poops-a-Lot" to a whole new level.
Poor, poor girl.
(and poor me.)
Did you know that when they puke it comes out of their nose too? So sad.
I'm just so grateful we've gone 3 years and almost 2 months without dealing with this. It's disgusting and so sad. The thing that kills me is that she is still just as sweet as can be even with feeling so awful. I just love her.
To top it off I got the bug last night, but it must have been just a 24 hour thing for me (I'm praying) because the only thing worse than taking care of kids when you are sick is taking care of sick kids when you're sick.
Also, Sean had surgery yesterday. He broke his thumb playing basketball last week. He can't lift anything over 1 pound or get it wet. So, lucky guy gets out of all the poop/puke cleaning!
Really, I'm grateful. I know that it could be much, much worse, but here's hoping tomorrow is not so poopy or pukey!
3 comments:
Nothing like coming back home to yucky reality after vacations! So sorry, hope you all get feeling better soon!
(((hugs)))) I am so sorry, Jakey has been puking too, it sucks--nothing more. hope today is much better
I just saw the post! I'm sorry you all had that going on. Hopefully you are feeling better. Love you!
Post a Comment