Our last "day" in Puerto Rico was really only until about 12pm. We headed out to explore the forts first thing in the morning. It was perfect being out before all the crowds and before the heat kicked in.
The views from the forts were beautiful and the history behind them was pretty interesting. When I was younger my parents visited an aunt and uncle that lived in Puerto Rico. I remember looking at the pictures of this city and its forts and thinking it was so pretty. It was cool to see it first hand.
I literally had to fight back the tears and force myself into the taxi that took us to the airport. I kept telling Sean that I wished we could just fly the kids there and spend another week on vacation.
Adios Puerto Rico!
After a delayed flight and a short layover in New York we finally made it to Las Vegas around 1am. We were so tired. We had agreed that we wouldn't wake the kids, but "accidentally" woke up Ryker (we couldn't handle it anymore!). When he looked up in his sleep haze and saw us he did a double take. When he realized it was us his eyes lit up, he jumped up out of bed saying "Mommy! Daddy!" and gave us a huge lingering hug. It was so sweet. Then he went right back to sleep!
The next morning he showed us this VERY fun sign that him and my mom had made us. We felt so loved!
Thanks again Mom & Pops for making this amazing trip possible!
We love you!
1 comments:
it all looks like you guys had such a fun trip! i'm glad you braved leaving the kids. maybe one day i can do it too :)
Post a Comment