Last week I fell in love.
We've been home 5 days from our first ever kid-free vacation. My parents watched the two munchkins while we spent 9 days in Paradise: 7 days on a cruise to the Southern Caribbean and a day exploring Puerto Rico. It was ahhhhh-mazing! And like I said, I fell in love.
Fell in love with the Caribbean. Fell in love with the hubs. Fell in love with my kids again. Fell in love with my parents for doing us such a service. Fell in love with spending my time how I wanted to spend it. Fell in love with days filled with nothing involving laundry, cooking, cleaning, wiping boogers, changing diapers...just sun, sand and plenty of fun!
Of course we missed our kids dearly. That should go without saying. But for 9 days I got to remember who I am, who we are, when not playing Mommy and Daddy, and it was amazing.
*Sigh*
3 comments:
I sure hope there are more pictures to come.... There are more pictures to come, right??? : )
I'm so jealous of you right now I'm actually tearing up... I need that :-D
I can't wait to hear (and see) all about it your trip.
AND I was in love with your story about Ryker and his new toys for his birthday! SO FUNNY!
Post a Comment