December 2, 2009

Ryker Randomness

Our little man is getting so big. Here are just a few things I want to remember...

  • He is jabbering up a storm. Most of the time I understand enough to get what he is trying to say. However, sometimes he just babbles on and on. My favorite things for him to say are, "I love you mama", "Hold you", "I so funny/silly", "I fun" (which means I had fun/I am having fun), "hippo-a-potamus" and pretty much everything else that isn't whiny.
  • He is getting VERY particular. He likes to use regular silverware and sit at the table like a big boy. He is a super clean eater.
  • He is obsessed with his pajamas. We let him pick which ones to wear to bed and then he doesn't want to take them off in the morning.
  • EVERYTHING has to do with balls, bats, basketball, football, soccer, golf...He is so much like his daddy.
  • His "chores" consist of cleaning up his toys, putting things in the garbage for me, and putting his clothes in the dirty clothes hamper. Most of the time he loves to help and does a really good job. I hope this trend continues.
  • He still loves books and loves to be read to. Sometimes this is the only way we get to cuddle with him.
  • He has started hiding from us. He won't hide out of sight, but he will go in a different room, find a spot and be very very quiet. I have overlooked him many times when trying to find him. He thinks it's hilarious. I am dreading the day he does this in a store.
  • He loves to be home. He likes to get out, but by the end of the outing will say "go home please". He also LOVES to be outside (like his mama). Which is why we need to live somewhere with warmer winters!
  • He has his shapes down but is still working on colors and counting.
  • He has several ways of showing his affection: hugs (consists of him laying on your shoulder), kisses, noozles (rub noses), cheek-to-cheeks (holds his cheek next to yours), and my personal favorite big squeezes. This came about when we were teaching him how to give a hug since he thought hugs just meant laying on your shoulder. I said, "you put your arms around them and give them a big squeeze". He interpreted this as putting his hands on your cheeks and while squeezing them saying "squeeze". Pretty darn cute.
Ok, enough already you are thinking. Well, you are the one that kept reading! The point is we just love our little guy and can't believe he is growing up so fast! What are some of the things you will remember?

4 comments:

Jamie said...

California has warm winters :-)

The Widerbergs said...

He is so dang cute!

Grant Family said...

I like all these fun things that Ryker is doing! Wesley has some pretty cute things too, and luckily they make up for his whining! =)

Erika said...

That is such a handsome picture! He's so grown up! You have to write it all down- that's what blogs are for. Otherwise you forget all the details!