March 30, 2009

How could I resist...

FYI: This is more information than most of you would ever want to know about Ryker. With that said, here it is anyway...

I love our little man. I spend quite a bit of time on the computer between homework, my online class, blogs, email, budgeting, etc. I have had some pretty big projects and presentations lately which has made it even worse. Today, I was on the computer and Ryker was 'reading' his books in the other room. He walked in, handed me two books, and looked up at me with those adorable eyes and patiently waited for me to get his cue. Being the one-track minded person that I am I replied, "I would love to read to you buddy, just hold on one sec", and put the book down. He picked up the book, opened it up, set it on my lap, and looked up at me with those adorable eyes. How could I resist? I dropped everything and spent the rest of the day playing with him (which included teaching him how to use a whoopie cushion)!

I like to think that every mom has good and bad 'mommy days'. Today was a great mommy day. Here are a few things I jotted down on a post-it note throughout the day that I wanted to remember about Ryker:

  1. He loves to share. When he is drinking or eating he takes a turn, and then wants you to take a turn. When we play games he does the same thing.
  2. He has finally started using signs (some more consistently than others). His favorites are hat, bird, dog, fish, wind, cheese, milk, food, and more. I LOVE when he uses them. I think it is so cute, and I love knowing what is going on in that cute little head of his.
  3. When he knocks on things he does it backwards using the back of his fist instead of his knuckles. Don't know why this is cute but it is.
  4. He loves to 'read' his books, and he LOVES to be read to.
  5. He LOVES to take baths and showers. There was a baptism in the family and Ryker got very upset when he couldn't jump right into what he saw as a giant bathtub.
  6. He gets in these moods when he says "ya" to everything. Are you cute: Ya. Are you one: Ya. Do you want some milk: Ya. Do you want more: Ya. Do you love mommy: Ya. It's hilarious.
  7. His most ticklish spot is on his neck by his collar bone. It makes him giggle uncontrollably every time.
  8. He gives great hugs and kisses (open mouth of course).
  9. Today I was sitting on the kitchen floor eating lunch. Don't know why I picked the kitchen floor, but Ryker decided that was exactly where he wanted to be too. He plopped down right by me and made sure he was sitting just like I was.
  10. He has started randomly coming up to me throughout the day, hugging my legs, looking up at me and smiling, and then running off to play again. It's like his little way of saying "hi" and "I love you", or so I like to think.

Well, I think that is about enough. Here's to great mommy days!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Very cute. He kept bringing Kendra and I books the other day to read to him, it was so funny.

Jamie said...

I love when they get old enough that their personalities really come out. It's so cute!

The Widerbergs said...

I'm so glad you posted this and I love that he says ya to everything in those moods that is funny! Ryker is such a cute little guy and you're a great mommy!

Anonymous said...

SO cute! It will be so fun when Preston starts to interact! Cant wait to see you guys!

Emily said...

So fun! I can't wait for a play date. Gavin still "knocks" the same way. So cute! Yay for good mommy days!

ksrfam said...

He is so dang cute. Miss you, tons!Wish we could see you more often.

Nina Olson said...

Ok missy I am bored, UPDATE your blog already