September 24, 2008

Loss and Love

The Olson Family has experienced a lot of loss and love in the last 2 weeks. September 11th our brother-in-law passed away one week after being in a motorcycle accident. It is such a sad thing to lose a family member, or anyone that you care about. As I have reflected back on the last few weeks I have been humbled by how many people have reached out to the entire family through meals, prayers, and thank-less little acts of kindness. I have also contemplated how much our lives are intertwined with one another. It is times like these when I am reminded of what really matters in life. It is not grades, the cleanliness of our house, or our material possessions. It is our relationships that truly matter. Through this trial, I have watched the relationships within the family grow. I am grateful that even through times of loss and sadness, we have the love of family and good friends to fall back on for support until we can support ourselves again.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about what happened. Losing someone you love is so incredibly hard. I'm glad to hear there's so much support and love. I'll keep your family in my prayers.