September 24, 2008

Sweet Baby

Ryker is the joy of our lives right now. I feel like he has changed so much in the last few weeks, and sadly I have no pictures to really document all those changes. I decided he needed an entire post of his own...

Sean has been playing in a softball league Monday nights. Ryker and I have only been able to make it to a few games, but Ryker loves them. He claps when everyone else does, and gets really excited when he sees Sean go up to bat. About 2 weeks ago he started babbling. Sean loves to hear him say "DaDa".



















Ryker has perfected his crawling and is now completely mobile! It is quite cute to watch his new found freedom. We constantly hear his little pitter-patter around the house because he slams his hands down every time making a little "thud" sound as he wanders around.



He LOVES to pull himself up on things. He will reach up as high as he can until he gets a good grip and then pulls himself up. He is getting better at falling too which is quite a relief!



The little man got his first real cold complete with non-stop boogers and a cough. He has come to despise getting his face and nose wiped because of it. All you have to do is hold up a tissue in front of his face and he starts to squirm and scream! I have had to put Vaseline around his nose because it is getting so sore. Sad.
























More tidbits: He has two teeth with more on the way. He loves to play with the door stoppers; I think he likes the sound they make. He LOVES bath time. He crawls, splashes, and sticks his head under the faucet when the tub is filling up. He is getting much better at finger foods now, but has completely protested peas in any form. He loves when Sean talks like Donald Duck; he giggles every time. He loves Signing Time too, as do I because it entertains him while I am rushing to get everything ready on the days I go to school and work. He makes us laugh and smile everyday and we are so grateful for him. We couldn't have asked for a cuter little guy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the videos! He's so adorable! I can't wait until Wesley can crawl; although once I have to really babt-proof my house, that'll be interesting,..

Emily said...

He is a smart little guy to already know that peas are the worst, most foul tasting thing in the world! Fun to hear all the updates!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for updates! Hopefully things slow down for you soon.

I can't believe it is cool enough up there that you are wearing jackets...I am officially and totally jealous. I bet the leaves are changing too. This is the time of year I REALLY miss Utah and the change in seasons. It was 103 degrees here today.

Also, as a side note...try Aquaphor for Ryker's chapped little face. I have found it works a ton better and faster than vaseline.

Love you all!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

He's adorable AND talented!

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest crawl ever. I love how his arms stay straight when he moves them!!