April 17, 2013

30 for 30

I have a really cute friend that turned 40 in January. I found out that she had decided to celebrate turning 40 by doing 40 racing events throughout the year. Wow! I was so inspired, I decided to do 30 since I turn 30 in August this year. What better way to celebrate turning 30, NOT being pregnant, and getting back into shape.  I'm giving myself until I turn 31 to get them all done...just so I don't have to stress about it and miss out on other fun things just to race every weekend.  So far, I've done 4...

#1 Vigor 5k Obstacle Course


#2 Race for Recess 5k


#3 Village Run 6k


The kids did a kid race too. At the finish line they got sprayed with silly string and a fleece blanket. They felt so cool. To top it off, there was also an Easter Egg Hunt with over 8000 eggs. Crazy!

#4 Timp Triathlon


I was so bugged that I was only 3 seconds faster than the time I did this race in 2010 (6 months post-Addy). Oh well, at least I'm trying!

I've got a lot of fun ones lined up.  My first half of the season is in a few weeks.  Yikes!  I'm also doing some more halfs, triathlons, obstacle races, bike races, glow in the dark races...races galore. Should be a fun racing season!

0 comments: