Pushing was so funny to me. Literally. My doctor and L&D Nurse teased me that I was going to laugh this baby out. I just had the giggles. The whole experience was so surreal to me. No complications, very little pain...so different from my other experiences. I would push...or rather just make a face like I was pushing and then ask, "Am I pushing?!" and then bust out laughing. I was too numb to tell if I was making any progress. I must have because I pushed through 3 contractions and out came...
a BOY!
He was a whopping 9 lbs 21 inches. Not sure how that tank fit inside of me!
Neither Sean nor I really liked not finding out the gender. In fact, the last month we went back and forth about whether we wanted to just watch the DVD of the ultrasound to find out. I was so worried that I would be disappointed if it wasn't what I wanted (of course I would have loved whatever came out but if I'm being honest we both hoped for a particular gender) and that I wouldn't feel a bond to it because it had just been an it for so long.
My prayers were answered because the second that little buddy came out and we heard his cry, we were in love.
We hung out in the L&D room for a while, got transferred up to my room, cuddled with the little man, and Sean gave him a bath...
We were all ready for the kiddos to meet their little bro.
1 comments:
So cute. He was huge!!! I'm glad you had an easy one...but that makes you a breader. Just FYI.
Post a Comment