September 9, 2012

False Alarm

On August 3rd I had a doctors appointment. My doctor was out of town so the fill-in doc checked me. I was a 4 and 80%. He told me he would be surprised if I made it through the weekend, much less my induction date that was scheduled for August 9th. I wanted SO badly to make it through the weekend because my doctor was out of town til Monday. So...we decided I should take it easy through the weekend and that we should start to get things ready. Sean cleaned the house, did some seriously huge grocery shopping trips, we got packed, etc.

On Sunday, August 5th we were at my friends house for dinner and I started having some pretty strong contractions. Its typical for me to have a lot of contractions so I didn't think twice about it, but then they started getting stronger and more regular. We headed home, I took a shower, we packed the car, and took the kids to Katie's just in case we ended up going in that night. 


The "final" prego pic...or so we thought.


Around midnight the contractions woke me up and were 5-7 minutes apart. I decided to head in. To make a very long story short...

We got to the hospital.
They checked me. I was 5 and 70%.
My contractions stopped.
We walked and walked.
They started again.
Then they stopped.
After 2 hours there was no cervical change, so they sent me home.
THEY SENT ME HOME...what?
Part of me was so happy because now I knew I would make it til my doc was back. The other part of me was devastated and anxious.

We got home, slept for a few hours, then Sean went and picked up the kids. Turns out Adelyn had been puking during the night. I felt horrible that Katie had to deal with that all for nothing. It was a horrible night for everyone. I was so sad.
False alarms are no fun.

0 comments: