September 25, 2012

Canyon FHE

Last week we met a whole slue of neighbor friends up the canyon for dinner and s'mores. It was so much fun for me. I LOVE the outdoors and usually our summers are filled with camping, hiking, Sunday canyon dinners, mountain biking, racing...

Well, this summer obviously was a little different. This was our first trip up the canyon for dinner and the leaves were already changing! It was beautiful, the company was wonderful, and the food delicious.


Nights are still pretty chaotic so I'm only cooking maybe once a week. The rest of the nights it's cereal, pancakes, or frozen pizza. We were trying to keep our little canyon dinner simple. I don't do hotdogs (I promise I've tried. I've hated them since I was a kid.) so I threw some leftover Sweet Salsa Chicken and Lime Cilantro Rice in some tinfoil, cooked some tortillas and threw them in tinfoil, tossed them in the fire and voila...we had some amazing tin foil burritos!

Notice Addy's crazy pirate grin again. It cracks me up!

Rockin' the MOBE wraps. Cohen slept the whole time all snuggled up with me.


Some of the peeps. Ryker ran around all night playing with all the kids on the rocks and in the dirt. I love watching him make new friends.


Our twin families...


It was so much fun to feel a little more "normal" doing the things we love to do as a family.

1 comments:

Annelise said...

Haha! I love the pirate grin!