I'm in the process of trying to finish up our family blurb book for 2011. It's kicking my trash. In the process I go through the blogs and copy/paste stuff into the book. I have another private blog where I do more journaling for myself and the kids. This is an oldie but goodie post that I came across. I've been feeling a little bit this way lately...probably just the emotional roller-coaster pregnancy puts your body through. I really am doing fine, it was just a good reminder for me...
September 4, 2011
"Funk"
I've been in a bit of a funk lately. I don't know exactly why, but I just haven't been feeling myself. Low motivation, tired all the time, feeling anxious and overwhelmed...all the classic signs and symptoms of a funk. I think I'm finally starting to feel like myself again, and its a relief. I really don't like being in a funk.
During my funk I did a lot of self evaluation to try and figure out the source of it. I came to a few conclusions, but there is one that I want to remember. I had the thought that this isn't me. My feelings don't define me. They are simply emotions that I feel. They are not who I am. If I'm feeling angry or sad or anxious, it doesn't mean that I'm an angry, sad, anxious person. It simply means that at that moment I am feeling a certain emotion that will eventually pass. I also decided that sometimes in life I think we just coast. We do the best that we can to get through whatever it is that we have to get through. Life really is a roller coaster and it's important to realize that whatever stage you are at in life will not last forever...both the good and the bad. So, savor the good and just coast through the bad.
0 comments:
Post a Comment