July 3, 2011

New Mexico Toppers

A few weeks ago Sean and I got to go to New Mexico for an achievement club called Toppers that Sean earned for work. We had a team of family members that watched our kiddos while we were away playing. The first day we drove to Durango, Colorado and stayed in the Logwood Bed & Breakfast.


It was awesome! The location was beautiful and the hosts were really friendly!


We woke up on Sean's birthday (June 22nd) and went for a run. It was beautiful and SO fun to be able to do this together since we usually have to trade off.


After a yummy breakfast and checking out we spent an hour walking around downtown Durango. It's such a cute little town. We loved all the fun signs and shops on main street.


Our friend is from Durango and suggested we get some...


...while we were there. So we did, and it was delicious! I had the Texas Taco and Sean had the pulled pork sandwich. Yum!


Then we were off to drive the last stretch to Santa Fe. It's a good thing the resort was beautiful because Santa Fe is a bit of a barren hole (at least from our perspective). 

Work trips are fun because they are free and it's fun to see the "work" side of Sean and know how hard he works for our family. BUT you also have to small talk a lot and sit through lots of business stuff. The first night was pretty eventful. They announced Sean's birthday from the stage and they had LATIMER the magician perform. The cool part is some Jo-Shmo had been in cahoots with Farmers from the beginning and proposed to his girlfriend during the magic show! Latimer picked him and his guest to be volunteers for a magic trick which involved rings. The wedding ring was one of the rings used, and at the end of the "trick" Latimer handed the wedding ring to the guy and he got down on one knee and proposed. It was pretty sweet.


The next day Sean was in workshops all day long so I had a relaxing day by myself. I went to the gym and then hung out at the pool reading and snoozing. Sean met me when he was done for some yummy poolside drinks and appetizers.


For dinner that night they bused us over to a local ranch where they had dinner and dancing...except I can't get Sean to dance for anything ;).

(Don't you love how all these pictures are exactly the same, just different clothes!)

The next day was our "fun" day. They offer various excursions to choose from. I told Sean he could pick what to do since he earned the trip. Well, he picked golfing. Apparently that was the "best" option. Well, I don't golf but the few times I have been with Sean it's been a good time. I hit balls every-now-and-then, he doesn't make me play by the rules, and I read a book/magazine when I get bored. I assumed that's how it would be. Little did I know that it was 18 holes in blaring heat with wildfires in the horizon and the threat of rattlesnakes should you have to chase down your ball off the path. To top it off it was a Scramble Tournament so reading and not playing by the rules went out the window. My awfulness was entertaining and luckily our 2 other teammates were really good sports about it. We really did have a good time. It was fun just to be together, but I won't be doing another 18 anytime soon! 


After golfing we headed to downtown Santa Fe for some AMAZING Mexican food and a stroll around the plaza.


That night was the Black Tie Dinner & Recognition Banquet. The entertainment was AWESOME! I loved it. They had The Three Waiters and it was a hoot. Farmer's really is a great company to work for. They treat their agents well, and you really do become part of a "Farmer's Family".


We woke up early the next morning to make the 10 hour drive home. We stopped at the...


Boy is it a hole! the best part was the Navajo Tacos and Indian Flatbread. Yum!


I was giddy excited to see my kids when we got home. I missed them SO much this trip. Thanks to all those who took such good care of them, and thanks to the hubs for working so hard for our family!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

You guys are looking fabulous!! All that running is making you disappear :-) Glad you had fun... gotta love free trips!

Grant Family said...

why haven't I seen this zebra print swimsuit? I want to see the whole thing!! =)
nice post! so nice to get refreshed without the kids sometimes!

ksrfam said...

So glad that you had a fun trip.