Out of the blue, Sean felt this sudden urgency to buy a fish tank. He came home from work on Friday and said, "How would you feel about me buying a fish tank?" My response, "Well, I don't love the idea, but I'm not going to tell you no."
That night he looked at them and Saturday after my race he came home with one. I asked him why the sudden interest/urgency in buying a fish tank. We don't even have a couch in the basement yet...but we have a fish tank. Seems a little off. Well, to make a long story short he told me that as our kids are getting older its gotten harder for him that his dad isn't around. Apparently his dad loved fish tanks and Sean has fond memories of them because it was something he did with his dad. He wanted to have those memories with his kids as well. I couldn't argue with that!
So, meet the fish tank...
After my race I was feeling a little beat so while Addy and I hung out upstairs watching the first season of Glee, Ryker and Sean put together the tank and got it all ready for our future fishies.
Ryker was just a *little* bit excited! Sean even picked out the same "accessories" for the bottom of the tank that he remembered having as a kid; a ship and a pirate skeleton.
Apparently Ryker thought Lightening McQueen should live in the fish tank too.
For FHE we went and picked out some fishies, so we've got a few now. Ryker loves to watch them and I love that I have a hubby so invested in making memories with his kids. He really is the sweetest dad!
3 comments:
Do you remember hearing about our fish we had in Logan? It ate other fish. Rich would dangle gold fish above the tank and it would jump up out of the water and snatch the fish out of Rich's hand. Sometimes, the time between feedings would extend past what our fish thought it should be so it would start to jump up and hit the lid of the tank...I think it even jumped out of the tank one time. I started having nightmares it would jump out of the tank and come and eat me. It was a scary fish - ask Emily. We've never had fish since.
Love you!
Weird...I just left this long comment and when I clicked to publish it..it disappeared. Anyway, I have fun memories of watching fish as a little girl. I think it is neat that you are doing this.
This has nothing to do with the post at all... but it's nice to see Sean in a DC shirt... it seems like that's all Jake will wear!
Post a Comment