Yesterday was Pioneer Day here in Utah. We started off the days' celebrations with the Days of '47 Parade in Salt Lake.
A really nice Tongan family let Ryker scrunch in with them to get a front row view...
...which lasted until he got scared of the motorcycles and then this was his seat for the rest of the parade...
After the parade we headed to This is the Place Heritage Park for all the pioneer happenings. They had Native American dancers, pioneer games and crafts, train rides, a petting zoo, pony rides and more...
After they shot off the "Candy Cannon"...
Riding the train...
It was a hot day but fun. Sean and I both decided we are so grateful we were born in this century with air conditioning, cars, and all of our other wonderful luxuries!
Happy 24th!
5 comments:
Janelle!
We did that a few years ago as a fam and it was awesome! we wanted to start that as a tradition to celebrate the 24th, but life is crazy! You should catch the sunrise service at the tabernacle before the parade, for me that was the best part! Your family is so cute!!! I want to cry for you with all the pain your girl is going through, I am sorry! That is so hard! We NEED to get together sometime SOON! Love you!
Kerianda
Wow! I wasn't sure which blog to comment on, so I'll comment on all of them on this one:
Heard about the triathalon, nice work!
2 year olds are such a pain! Agreed!
Good luck with Addy and her new shoes.
Your 24th sounds very fun! =)
So glad you took some time to update your blog!
You had an awesome 24th!!! And an awesome summer so far too! I love that you get out and do so much with your family, it's inspiring for me!!
Stinking skateboard. I'm sorry to both of you that she has to wear it :( Hopefully it gets better.
So fun hanging out the other day!!
Looks like you had a good time, I'm glad!
hey janelle,
i updated the richardson gals blog, so if you would check it and let your bro and sisters know to check it we would love to get some feedback! love you!
Post a Comment