January 29, 2010

My Little Demon/Angel

The last 2 days Ryker has been a terror. He has been back-talking, throwing tantrums, growling, and just giving me all sorts of sass. I have been feeling like a crazy mom and beginning to wonder what other than the terrible two's had possessed by little boy. Thankfully he recovered wonderfully by being an absolute angel today! Honestly, he couldn't have been cuter. We went to the SHADE Warehouse Sale this morning which is always a bit crazy with lots of waiting. I told him if he was a good boy and patient while mommy shopped we would go on a carousel ride after. He was PERFECT! He didn't make a peep the whole time we were there. When we were leaving I told him how well he did and thanked him for being such a good boy. He said, "Yeah, good boy. Horsey ride?" When we pulled up to the mall and he saw all the stores he said, "No more stores mom, please." I told him we weren't going to anymore stores; this is where the carousel was. He proceeded to say goodbye to all the stores as we passed telling them he was "all done". He was on cloud nine while riding the carousel yelling "yee haw", "I like it" and "so fun" the whole time. Afterwards he told all the horses goodbye and see-you-later. In the car he told me "maybe later Ryker horsey ride again." When we got home he followed all my directions and went down for nap without a peep after he thanked me for singing him songs and saying, "Love you too. Night night."

I know pushing limits and being a terror is just a part of developing and growing up but I am sure grateful for days like today that remind me what a sweet little boy I have!

4 comments:

ksrfam said...

Thanks once again for sharing. What great insight to a little boys mind and the relationship with his mom!

Thanks for making our day go by faster and with a few more smiles.

Miss you all.

Mom and dad

Anonymous said...

That makes me cry.... big suprise huh? Miss you guys!

Jane Durham said...

Shade warehouse sale? Is it over?
I am wondering if/when/what it will be like with my baby at that age... it seems hard to comprehend that it could be possible for him to act that way, but I'm sure he will go through it too!

The Widerbergs said...

How funny! What a cutie :)