October 28, 2009

Guts & Bones

We had our annual Guts & Bones party on Monday. This is by far one of my FAVORITE family traditions. I love spending the time with all of my family. Here's the run-down of the evening...
The food...
(The pasta is the "guts", the breadsticks are the "bones", the sauce is the "blood")
The drinks...
(Green Witch Brew and Frothy Blood Punch)
After dinner and showing off costumes we carve pumpkins...
Ryker was a little shy so being the supportive mom that I am I grabbed his hand and forced it into the pumpkin all the way up to his armpit. At first he squirmed and hated it, but then he helped me gut it (as long as he got to use the shovel).
After gutting the pumpkin little buddy got bored so we entertained him with good ol' Signing Time.
Our masterpieces...
The cute fam...

Everyone's final product. Man we rock at pumpkin carving eh? Some of these are done by some pretty talented young peeps.

Freezing outside. Ryker kept saying, "Bbrrr, cold. All done, outside.

Thanks again fam for another great Guts & Bones. Can't wait for next year!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Your pumpkins were super cool, until I saw the wolves howling... that bumped you into second... sorry, just being honest :-)

Anonymous said...

Everyone did such a great job! Love you all!

The Widerbergs said...

Your family doesn't mess around that is AWESOME and great job on the pumpkins wow!!!