March 4, 2009

Windy Run

This morning the little man and I went for a run outside. With the exception of the crazy strong wind it was a beautiful morning--sunny skies and warm! It was so nice just to be outside. About 15 minutes out I realized the wind was a lot stronger than I had anticipated so I opted to make my way to a park to a do a little workout before heading home. I got Ryker out to play around for a bit and he loved it! I think he has cabin fever just as much as I do! Here are a few of the highlights...

He also thought it would be totally acceptable to go for a little stroll without me...

Crazy strong wind stories: It actually blew Ryker over...twice. He was standing there, a big gust game, and down he went. We both thought it was hilarious. On the way back the wind was blowing against me and I could hardly run up the hills. I opened my mouth and the wind blew my gum down my throat. By the time I made it back the wind had gotten significantly stronger and blown at least half the garbage cans over into the alleyway making it so cars couldn't even get through. Pretty crazy!

Other randomness from our day...

Ryker decided the toy basket was the perfect place to watch Signing Time.

His place of choice today for reading a good book...

...laying down on the couch. Notice how the book is upside down?! I just love him!

6 comments:

The Widerbergs said...

I was laughing reading about your windy adventure that is too funny - and those pictures of him are so cute! I can't wait to watch him tonight! He and Drew are going to have a blast together :)

Jamie said...

I can't believe he is old enough to walk... it seems like he was just born! I think we may be coming to Idaho/Utah April 10th for a couple of days... can't wait to see you :-)

Anonymous said...

So fun! Are you coming here soon?

Anonymous said...

He has gotten so big! What a cutie. I am excited to see you all soon. I hope it works out! Love you!

Emily said...

It is so wierd to see him standing. He is so handsome! Love the pictures! Miss you guys!

ksrfam said...

Love the blog and seeing the pictures. Love reading what's been happening. Sorry it has been a while since I got on. Love you and miss you.