February 6, 2009

Look Who's ONE!

We celebrated our little guy's 1st birthday last weekend, and had such a blast! The celebrations went a little something like this...

We spent the weekend up at Bear Lake. We LOVE it up there so it was a perfect place to celebrate the day. We were with our good friends which made it all the more perfect. We started off the day with a little sledding...






















Ryker loved being outside. This hill was a little on the steep side so he mostly just watched all us make fools of ourselves! However, after his nap he went sledding solo just to prove what a big boy he has become!

























We didn't have any snow pants or boots so we improvised by tying a garbage sack around his bottom half to keep him dry. It worked like a charm!






















After sledding it was time for presents and cake! Our friends got him some great gifts (thanks again!) including a little basketball hoop. He knew right what to do and slam dunked it (he must take after his mommy)!




















He didn't like the cake at all ;)










We got home Sunday and immediately began preparing for another birthday party with the family. We were grateful to all those that came, and missed all those who couldn't be there. Ryker put on another great show with the cake throwing a whole slue of his fake sneezes in to spice things up, to which my adorable niece replied, "He must be allergic to his cake!" Funny girl.














Thanks again to all our wonderful friends and family who shared this special occasion with us. Thank you for the thoughtful gifts for Ryker, and the support you have given our family through this first year. We love you all!

Prior to the family party I had made a video of Ryker's first year to share. It made Sean and I really think about what a great year it has been. We came up with a few things that we just absolutely love about our little guy...
Sean says: I love it when he laughs, I love his kisses, I love getting him up in the morning, I love it how he thinks he is so funny, I love it when he is ready to go to bed because he usually is more cuddly, I love his blue eyes, I love it when he says he is all done, I just love him!
Nell says: I love his giggle, I love his fake sneezes, I love reading to him, I love watching him "read" to himself, I love chasing him around and watching him squeal with laughter, I love teaching him new things, I love when he cuddles, I love his blue eyes, I love it when he uses his signs, I love the look he gives me when he just did something he knows he is not supposed to do, I love how he can make me laugh even when I am crying, I just love him!
We love you Ryker!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seriously cant believe he is one! CRAZY! I want to see this video you made. I am sad we missed out! Cant wait to see you guys... whenever that will be.... LOVE YOU!

Emily said...

I love it! What a great 1st b-day! Can you post the video?