January 22, 2009

Slacker Mom

I have been a total slacker in the picture and blogging department of mommy life, but wanted to give a quick update. Me and my little buddy have been having a blast! The little dude is officially walking. I haven't seen him crawl since Monday. He still walks with his arms up which I think is pretty funny. Hopefully he will figure out that his legs will still move with his arms down! A few other things he has figured out include: giving hugs and kisses on demand, signing "all done", safely getting down from the couch, how to sulk and throw mini-tantrums (more detail below), obeying when he is told "no", and fake sneezes.

So, tantrums. My favorite is when I put him down and he melts to the ground putting his head between his legs and whimpers/cries. However the other day he took the tantrum a step further and smacked things out of my hand that I was offering (a drink, a snack, a toy). For some reason I thought that behaviors such as tantrums, taking toys, and hitting were learned behaviors. I stand corrected. I have been very careful to not let Ryker witness my tantrums ;) Though I am quite sure there will be a day when I want to scream or cry instead of laugh at these little outbursts, for the moment they are quite entertaining!














His favorite spot for reading a good book!

4 comments:

Katie said...

That's pretty cute!

eva said...

It is so cute! I love it!

ksrfam said...

Aren't our little ones amazing?! Can't believe his 1 yr is coming so soon.

Stephanie said...

Hey, it's Steph! That's so cute that he pouts. I love it. And he's such a cute little boy. I hope he likes older girls (Claire), they'd make a cute couple.