October 3, 2008

Bibliotherapy

I LOVE children's books! One of the projects my professor and I decided on for my independent study was a research project on bibliotherapy, specifically with children's books. I have spent the last few days researching and reading. Then, I realized I have so many friends and family that could help. Here are the requirements for the project:

I have to find a minimum of 20 children's books that could be used for therapeutic purposes. I have to determine what concept(s) it teaches, how I would use it as a teaching tool, and create a pre-activity or follow-up intervention.

So, if you know of any great children's books that teach concepts such as coping skills (family instability, death and loss, etc.), self-esteem, conflict resolution, values, etc. send them my way!

Thanks!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I will email you the list I told yoi about yesterday today when I get a second.

Kendra said...

I have a ton! I will find all the names and let you know! I LOVE children books