March 19, 2013

Ryker Turns 5!


In January I have 2 sets of pictures: Claudia's wedding at the beginning of the month, and Rykers birthday at the end.

Ryker turned 5 on January 31st. Sean was going to be out of town for his birthday, so we decided to let him have a friend bday party on the 26th so that Sean could be there to celebrate with him. After a few days of debating, he decided he wanted to have a Lego party!

For the few weeks leading up to it he helped me plan everything. Anytime I worked on bday stuff, he made sure he was there. He helped cut out, tape, glue, and decorate. Honestly, the best part of birthday parties for me is the pre-party prep with him. He gets so excited and is so grateful. The actual party is always so chaotic and goes by so fast, it hardly seems worth all the effort.  Its the pre-party that makes it all worth it! He was so thoughtful of his friends too, making sure that they got their favorite color bag, and he even didn't have some of his favorite foods because he knew certain friends didn't like them. It was cute to see him so thoughtful.



Snacks were pretzels, apples, popcorn, chocolate pudding, Lego marshmallow pops, and cupcakes.



Inside the Lego gift bags were some stickers, ninja, a Lego coloring book, a Lego mini-figure, Lego bookmark, and few treats.


I thought these little Lego pops were so cute, and so easy to make!


This kid has a ridiculous amount of friends and cousins. We totally had to cut down the guest list which was so hard for me, but seriously when you do a party in your home you can only handle so many kids!



Adelyn was a bit of a punk during the party.


Lego Games
I had made these little construction hats that said "Master Lego Builder" for the kids to wear while playing the games. Then in the chaos of it all I totally forgot to even give them to the kids until we got to the pinata. I still am so brain dead!



Ryker really wanted a pinata. We named it "Break the Brick" because I made it look like a Lego brick. I just about got whacked with the bat with almost every kid!


While he was opening gifts, the other kids could not have physically gotten any closer to him! I kept telling them to scoot back, but then just gave up and let them do their thing.


Like I've been saying, I've been horrible at taking pics. We forgot to do a family pic, but took a few with our little buddy before the day was over.




On his actually birthday, I gave him all sort of fun options that we could do like bowling, Jungle Jim's, Treehouse Museum...he chose to stay home all day in pj's and play followed by Wreck It Ralph with cousins. Afterwards we had pizza and cake/icecream.


Happy Birthday to our favorite little man! We can hardly believe he is getting so grown up.

0 comments: