September 9, 2012

Build-a-Bear Tradition

Sticking with tradition, just like we did for Ryker and Adelyn, we had a family date night to Build-a-Bear to make a stuffed animal for the new baby. I loved how the kids really put thought into making it a special gift for their new baby brother or sister.


These were 3 finalists. The kids wanted the horse, I wanted the dog, and Sean wanted the bear. 


Ultimately we wanted this gift to be from the kids so we decided to let them take over and do whatever they wanted. So, the horse won!


Stuffing, fluffing, putting the heart in and giving it a bath...



This is about where the night started to turn a little ugly. They were fighting over computers, then indecisive about which boy and girl outfit to get, then Sean and I were just done.


They finally decided on a football outfit if it was a boy, and a Rapunzel princess outfit if it was a girl.
And then they were done...


He perked up for one happy picture to go in the family book...


When we finally made it home I realized we hadn't gotten a pic of us. We were so tired and we both had headaches...


...and I had super fat pregnant feet.


Even though we were all a little grouchy, I absolutely LOVE this tradition!

0 comments: