June 3, 2011

Memorial Weekend

The munchkins and I flew in from AZ Saturday afternoon and we all left Sunday morning for St. George. We decided it was time to ditch the dreary weather and enjoy the beautiful outdoors. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Perfect weather, perfect company, just perfect.

First time in the pack. She loved it!


My sweet parents drove up from Vegas to spend the day hiking with us. I have so many good memories of camping and hiking with them. They instilled a love of the outdoors in me that I want to pass on to my kids.


My sis and her cute fam also came. It was so fun to spend some time together!


When I told Ryker we were going to Zions National Park to go hiking he replied, "What's hiking?" I was surprised at first because we have been hiking plenty of times with him. Then I realized that it hadn't been since last summer so that was too far back for his little brain to remember. I explained to him what it was and that it's one of my most favorite things to do. All the kids were so excited!

Running to the shuttle...


Such a beautiful day. The weather was PERFECT!


We did a 2.5 mile hike. The kids walked the whole way!


You can't go hiking without trying to jam yourself into little rock crevices and holes!



After our first hike we headed back to the cars to pick up the delicious picnic lunch my mom had prepared for us. Tons of fresh fruit and veggies, yogurt, chips, fried chicken...yum!


I felt so pampered. I didn't have to make it, pack it, or clean it up. It was wonderful!


After chillaxin' for a bit we headed out on another hike. This time I took a turn carrying the little bundle of joy.


She didn't last long...


We saw a ridiculous amount of squirrels ready to attack you to get any food that they thought you might have. Ryker would scream like a little girl every time one would run by him. He wasn't their biggest fan. We also saw deer, birds and lizards.


All the kids did awesome again on this 2 mile-ish hike. They were such troopers!


I may have gotten a little tired though...


He was so happy to be outside, climbing on rocks, kicking dirt and being with family.


I was so happy to be outside, climbing on rocks, kicking dirt, hanging on trees, and being with family! I love the outdoors. It's like my whole body and soul just gives this sigh of relief. 




After our 2nd hike we said farewell to the 'rents and headed into town for some browsing and a yummy Mexican dinner. The kids crashed within 5 minutes of the drive back to our hotel in St. George. Such a perfect day!

Thanks everyone for making this such a fun little getaway, and to all those who couldn't make it we missed you!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I miss Zion's! It is so beautiful!

ksrfam said...

The day was so fun! Thanks for letting us share it with you.