December 9, 2010

Thanksgiving Highlights

We spent a warm and wonderful week in sunny Arizona with my side of the fam for Thanksgiving.  There was never a dull moment!  I have 1,658 photos in my November file so here are just a few of the highlights...

--The Train Park in Scottsdale--


Playgrounds, trains, carousels and cousins.  We had a blast!

--Turkey Trot 10k--


Six of us ran the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning.  The rest came to cheer us on.  Sean and I both met our goals for under 1 hour.  Silly story, but I have the best brother.  He always watches out for us girls.  On this day it was finding my sister and I a hidden bathroom so we didn't have to wait FOREVER for a port-o-potty.

--Crazy Cousins Fun Run--


After the adult race we came back to the house and put on a "Crazy Cousins Fun Run" for all the kiddos.  Cutest. Thing. Ever!  We had "registration" for them to pick up their shirts (that the aunts made the night before) and their bibs. The little ones went approximately .5 miles and the older ones ran 1 mile.  The adults spread out along the course to cheer them all on.  After they ran through the finish line chute they got a ribbon and race bag.  Seriously.  Cutest thing ever.

Ryker loves coming to our races.  He was so excited that he got his own shirt and "number on his tummy like mommy and daddy." I ran the first half with him, and Sean ran the second half.  When he started out I don't think he could have been smiling any bigger.  He got the giggles and said, "Mommy, MOMMY! This is so fun! I'm running a race in Arizona." I tried to hold his hand and he said, "No Mommy. I want to do it all by myself."  He ran the whole way. I cried.

--Thanksgiving and Christmas-- 


Thanksgiving = delicious food and chillaxin' with with fam. Before bed we each took a turn saying something we were grateful for. My family is BIG and LOUD. Ryker seems to get a little overstimulated by it at times. He was off on his own away from the group playing when it was his turn.  I didn't think he had even been paying attention.  My sister asked him, "Ryker what are you grateful for?"  Ryker's reply, "Heavenly Father".  I did a double take and had to ask him again to make sure I heard him right.  What a sweet kid.

--Christmas--
Since we don't get together at Christmas we always have a mock "Christmas Morning" where we exchange all of our gifts. It's so fun and always gets me in the Christmas spirit. 

--Family Olympics--


Our annual Family Olympics were a highlight once again. We have SO much fun competing in hilarious and completely pointless challenges.

--Randomness--


Football, night games, kickball, karaoke, bike rides, dress-ups, plays put on by the kids, girls outing, boys outing, date night...like I said, never a dull moment!

Love you all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast!

Tyrell Berner said...

You guys are so inspiring. I don't think that Jake or I could even compete in the crazy cousins race!

Grant Family said...

Wow! so impressed with everything you did! and a nice and warm Thanksgiving too!

Erika said...

So fun! Lots of great pics. That tandem cruiser bike at the bottom with Ryker and Sean is so rad! You should get one!

ksrfam said...

Love all your entries. So Fun!!! I twas great to be with you and your sweet fam. We miss you!

Katie said...

Love the idea of doing a race for the kids. So cute!

The Widerbergs said...

Seriously you said it - never a dull moment you guys do so much and it all looks like such a blast!