December 30, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I love Christmas. LOVE it. I love the Christmas tree, Christmas music, and all the time with family. I love WHY we celebrate Christmas. Growing up before we even laid eyes on the Christmas tree and our gifts we met in a separate room to have family prayer and talk about the Savior and why we celebrate Christmas. We've carried on that tradition with our family. It was sweet to have our 2 year old tell us his short but simple version of the Savior's birth. We are so blessed.

After that we headed out for presents...


We all had fun!

After gifts we headed over to Sean's mom's house for more gifts and a relaxing day with family. It was a very Merry Christmas indeed.



Ryker was a little sad to be away from his new toys. He kept telling me, "I want to go home and play with Christmas Day."

Apparently he loves Christmas as much as I do. Yesterday I told him I would be taking down the tree while he napped. He got really upset.  "Mommy, you CAN'T take down the Christmas tree. Christmas time is still here!" He then gathered up his toys, plopped himself right down by the tree as if he were guarding it and didn't leave it's side until nap time. As he headed into nap he reminded me, "Don't take the tree down while I sleeping. It's still Christmas time."

Our tree is still up. I guess we both need to hold onto it as long as we can.  It only comes once a year!

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

1 comments:

The Widerbergs said...

Hahahaha he's too cute. Love that family tradition btw.