Any Mommy knows that there are good days and bad days. This is the story of one very BAD day...
It was the day after Addy had gotten her new shoes. It had been a horrible night and she was not adjusting well. She had already begun to get some pretty bad bruising and blisters on her little feet. She was screaming non-stop, not sleeping and taking up all of my attention which left Ryker feeling very left out. He decided to find other ways to get attention. The first was getting into our last box of bandaids (that I needed for Addy's feet) and putting them all over his body..
Then he decided he needed some food...straight out of the peanut butter jar...
After cleaning up the bandaids and the peanut butter everywhere I decided I needed a break. I put Addy in bed to scream, sent Ryker downstairs to watch a movie and sat down to catch up on emails. Just as I was beginning to feel calm and sane again Ryker comes upstairs...with his hands covered in poop.
(We did NOT pause to take a picture of this one.)
After the oh-so-fun experience of cleaning up that one I decided that this was definitely a bad day and I could either laugh or cry about it. I laughed. As one bad thing happened after another I just kept laughing and saying, "Of course! Of course this would happen today. Today is a BAD day!" It was hilarious.
Since this day, I have had many more not-so-very-great-days. When your in it, it's awful. However, as soon as some time passes it just seems hilarious. The things we go through as moms! For instance, the other day I ended a conversation with my sister with the following...
"...what is that? Oh my gosh there is poop on my floor! I have to go."
She's a mom too so she totally understood.
So, here's a little shout out to all you mommies...you are AMAZING!
3 comments:
hugs,
the bandaid thing is funny, mattie did this too. we just let her :)
My goodness! You are such a strong mom. I probably would have cried all day....
The picture are adorable. I just love your family!
Sorry for the big bad very terrible day :(
Post a Comment