January 18, 2010

The Things They Say...

I want to be better at writing down the cute/funny things Ryker has been saying now that he is getting more verbal. Here are a few I just remembered...

We had a great weekend in Bear Lake (pictures and a full report to come soon) but he had a horrible time sleeping. One night at 2:30am he was being a tad manipulative asking for everything under the sun to keep him from going back to sleep. He asked for water (again) and we told him he already drank his water all gone. He told us to go to the store and buy some more.

Another time, once again asking for everything under the sun before bedtime he told me he needed to go potty in the toilet. When that didn't work he told me "I scared mommy, hold your hand?" How do they learn to work it at such a young age?!

When out running errands I told him I needed to go potty. He looked around and said, "No toilet mommy." I said "I know bud, we need to find one." He replied, "How about my bum mommy." Apparently he figures he goes potty there so why shouldn't I?

We have been working on manners so this one made me happy. Yesterday his cousin kept handing him some stuffed animals that he didn't want to which he replied, "No thank you" and put them aside.

One of Ryker's buddies was getting a little rough and playfully pushing/hitting Ryker. Ryker started to get upset and I told him to just say, "Stop please" and walk away. I continued to watch them without intervening to see what would happen. After Ryker got cornered I could see he was starting to get frustrated again when he decided to be brave. He put his hands out in front of him and said, "STOP please" and then squeezed past his little friend to walk away. I was so proud of him!

Last week we were eating lunch and I told him thank you for being such a good listener today. He said, "Yeah, I listened. Thank you for the food."

Sure love our little guy. Can't believe he'll soon be 2!

1 comments:

The Widerbergs said...

Holy cow that's cute stuff!